For the ultimate tour, you have the opportunity to view the Grand Canyon West Rim by bus, helicopter, boat, and Skywalk. This gives you the chance to see the sights in a way that few have the privilege of seeing. A full day of excitement awaits you where you will be able to pass through the Mojave Desert and enjoy the Colorado River.
Times and Location
Departing Time: 7:30AM
Duration: Approximately 11.5 hours
Departing: Las Vegas
Destination: Grand Canyon West Rim
- Stop at Hoover Dam overlook for photo opportunity
- Pass over the Mike O’Callaghan-Pat Tillman Memorial Hoover Dam Bypass Bridge
- Stop in Dolan Springs for a break
- Spend 4 hours at the Grand Canyon and see it by helicopter and pontoon boat
- Walk the glass Skywalk
- Visit Cowboy Town
- Hotel pick-up and drop off
- Morning snack and refreshments
- Narrated tour of Grand Canyon West Rim
- Free WiFi on bus
- Power outlets on bus for charging
- Movie on return drive to Las Vegas
Need to know
- It’s highly suggested that you don’t book a show, dinner, or a flight for day of tour
- Lap children under two years old are at no charge
- Not suitable for those in wheelchairs
- Cancellations outside of 48 hour window are no charge; inside of 48 hours, no refund is given
The tour of the West Rim of the Grand Canyon gives you a chance to see one of the seven natural wonders of the world in a new and exciting way. After you board the tour bus, you will travel to the Hoover Dam overlook for a photo opportunity of the 725 foot tall engineering marvel. It’s been in place since 1935, and then you will drive over the Mike O’Callaghan-Pat Tillman Memorial Hoover Dam Bypass Bridge. Your driver/tour guide will provide entertaining narration of the surrounding area throughout the trip. You will pass through Black Canyon as well as Lake Mead National Recreation Area.
A stop at Dolan Springs, Arizona will give you time to stretch and enjoy lunch. You will then continue through the Mojave Desert as well as the Joshua tree Forest, dated at around 900 years old. Finally, you will arrive at the Grand Canyon West Rim, being greeted by Indians from the Hualapai Nation. You will take their shuttle service to three points: Eagle Point, Guano Point, and Cowboy Town. This is a hop on hop off tour, allowing you to spend as much time as you would like here.
Grand Canyon Skywalk
You will also be able to walk across the Grand Canyon Skywalk, which is a breathtaking glass bridge suspended 4000 feet above the Grand Canyon’s floor. A 15 to 20 minute helicopter tour will then allow you to see the majestic canyon from a completely different perspective. The aerial views will leave you breathless as the helicopter maneuvers throughout the Canyon. You will then get to take a smooth pontoon boat ride down the Colorado River, exploring the Canyon from yet another perspective.
During your time at the West Rim, you will also want to take the walking tour throughout the authentic Native American dwellings and shop within the bazaar where jewelry and crafts are available from women of the Hopi and Navajo nations.
After spending approximately 4 hours at the Grand Canyon, you will then board your charter bus to return to Las Vegas.